Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Fiction: "That Episode Where God Was a Robot" (preview)

 

 

That Episode Where God Was a Robot

 

By Barry Greenstein

 

Judah, the android we rescued from orbiting that radioactive wasteland, asked me, “Do you believe in God?”

I never believed I would be asked that question by a machine.

I didn’t figure I’d be serving on a starship when I went to law school. But here I do. I’m a land claim and titles attorney, and this is a prospecting ship. A Surveyor-class. Small, underpowered, totally a civilian operation.

“That’s not usually a question people ask their lawyer,” I said.

“I am asking you as a son of humanity,” the android said.

(PURCHASE THE REST OF THIS STORY ON PATREON)

No comments:

Check out my Patreon!

 Please check out my Patreon . There is a repository of stories online there which have been rejected by publications for various reasons. I...