Friday, November 6, 2020

In His Image :: The Nightmare of Narcissistic, Solipsist Billionaires (Chantix does it again!)

A few nights ago, Chantix did it again. Only this time, it was a nightmare.

I was a time traveler, and the past disappeared. When I went back to investigate, I found myself confronting the female Elon Musk.

She was a gimmicky wrestler, and a narcissistic solipsist, who rebooted the universe to appoint herself God.

She was admiring a portrait of herself and tweeting. She loved twitter. It’s how she kept in touch with her cult of personality.

She fed the universe into some sort of holodeck and rebooted it in her image. She was techno-Cthulhu.

 

(Arrives back in time to witness the reboot)

Me: “Oh. I get it. You’re basically Elon Musk. How disappointing.”

 

People ask why I don’t like Elon Musk.

I don’t like billionaires or industrialists. I don’t trust their class. I don’t trust the system they maintain, or the system that maintains them. I want to liberate the technology they monopolize. And I don’t like their attitude- the paternalism and condescension. It turns me off. The “billionaire-knows-best” attitude. It makes me want to hit my head against the wall.

It’s not Musk personally I don’t like. Although his family did own a gem mine in Africa… which I am to understand means they are exploiters, slave masters, and I don’t mean that metaphorically. It’s Blood Diamond level shit. No, I don’t think he “contributes” to society. None of them do. They are members of a class of social parasites.

That rocket he launched a few years ago was wasted energy, to put a big phallic symbol and ego-mirror in space. That energy could have been put to much better use on Earth, helping people to survive the ravages of global capitalism. And screw him for his appropriate of David Bowie.

Musk’s factory is also notoriously unsafe for workers. And the Tesla company is not exactly honest about it. There have been cover ups. The man prioritizes profit over human wellbeing. Many have been injuredlaboring for this man. Many more will join their ranks.

Elon Musk, and his ilk, must be stopped. If they could reboot the universe in his image, they would.

And I don’t trust cults of personality. I don’t trust cults, period, whether pseudo-religious or techno-utopian.

Nothing the man does could make me trust him more. His views on Artificial Intelligence are also indicative, as I have written before, of anxiety over organized labor.

And don't get me started on why UBI is nothing close to (and a manipulative diversion from) full wealth redistribution. Why do you think billionaires like Musk and Silicon Valley Tech Bro Utopians support it? They have a condescending view of the working class and think money will make us shut up. But money is the problem. And they are the problem. That's another post, though (I'll get around to it). I don't want to keep money out of any working person's hands and more is better than nothing, but better than nothing is not enough. That is the whole point of my novel, "Rentkids."

I’m not anti-tech. I’m a techno-liberationist.